Develop Strong, Resilient Children & Teens
These 13 community organisations offer much needed services to West Island children and teens. These organisations are a lifeline to many youths in our community and offer teens drop-in centres, after-school programs, mentoring, homework help, guidance with difficulties at home, or substance abuse, and so much more.
- Website: amcal.caAMCAL Family Services offers a variety of services to promote and preserve healthy family relationships. The organization offers a residential program, supervised visitations, family counselling and school-based programs.
- website: ajoi.infoAJOI, Action Jeunesse de l'Ouest-de-l'Île street outreach workers offer intervention services for teens facing one or multiple challenges such as homelessness, substance abuse, mental health issues, suicidal tendencies, and more.
- Website: breakfastclubcanada.orgBreakfast Club of Canada - West Island Chapter ensures that all students have reliable access to nutritious food in a safe and supportive environment, in order to positively impact health and learning.
- Website: cloverdalefamilies.orgCloverdale Multi Resource Family Center provides a variety of programs and services for the well-being and development of families from Cloverdale and surrounding areas.
- Website: projetcumulus.caProject Cumulus offers a substance abuse prevention program in schools and in the community as well as one-on-one interventions to help teens make better decisions for themselves.
- TeenZone Youth Centre at the Pointe-Claire Y offers a safe environment where youth between the ages of 12 and 17 can talk with youth workers, get homework help, and meet new people.
- Website: loveorganization.caLOVE, Leave Out Violence, supports youths to thrive through programs and healthy relationships that build emotional intelligence and help overcome the challenges they face.
- Website: maisoncaracol.comMaison Caracol's mission is to support the optimal growth and development of children aged 0 to 17 living in highly vulnerable situations, by offering them integrated social medicine services (physical health and psychosocial services) and quality legal services that meet their needs and interests.
- Website: maisondj.wixsite.com/mdj-pierrefondsMaison des Jeunes de Pierrefonds is a prevention and resource center for teenagers aged 12 to 18. Our center welcomes youth daily, providing them with free access to a safe, healthy, environment, supervised by trained, experienced staff.
- Website: mdjamabaie.caEstablished in 1990 with a vision to create a safe and welcoming space for young individuals between 12 to 17 to grow, learn, and become responsible citizens. A hub for youth development and community engagement in the heart of À Ma Baie.